Lympha Press Optimal® gives patients the benefits of the gentle touch of manual lymph drainage along with Lympha Press® calibrated gradient sequential compression.
Elements of the Optimal® treatment system include:
- Pretherapy™, based on the principles of manual lymph drainage. This mode starts by treating the proximal areas first. Used with our torso garments, Pretherapy™ treats the abdomen, trunk or torso before starting the distal to proximal therapy session. Used with our arm and leg sleeves, Pretherapy™ gives special attention to the top part of the limb.
- 12-Zone Gradient, calibrated "at the pump." Pressure can be adjusted in each compression chamber individually, or in four groups of three chambers each, for comfortable treatment of painful or fibrotic areas. The Optimal® has our Lympha Press® quick cycle time.
- Garments for torso clearance. Use with Lympha Pants™, for treatment of the abdomen and genital areas; or with Comfysleeve™ 1-75, for treatment of lymphedema and postmastectomy lymphedema in the shoulder, chest, back, abdomen and axilla areas.
- Individualized therapy. The Optimal® offers choice of pressure, gradient, treatment mode, and treatment time, to meet a wide variety of clinical situations and patient compliance needs. Pressure and treatment mode can be adjusted to accommodate painful areas, fibrosis, and other considerations.
- Bilateral treatment. The Optimal®, like all our Lympha Press® systems, can treat one limb or two, simultaneously. This saves treatment time and improves patient compliance.
- Patient lock - Pressure and modes are set and locked, according to physician prescription, making this exceptionally versatile lymphedema treatment system safe and easy to use at home.
The Optimal® can be used with all Lympha Press® garments, which are easy to wear, easy to clean, and all with our unique overlapping chamber system for treatment without gaps.
- Primary lymphedema
- Secondary lymphedema
- Venous insufficiency
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Dysfunction of the muscle pump
Use of Lympha Press® compression therapy systems is not recommended in the presence of any of the following conditions:
- Known or suspected deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism
- During the inflammatory phlebitis process
- Acute infection of the affected limb
- Decompensated cardiac failure / congestive heart failure
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular disease
- Any circumstance where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable
Due to movement of fluids in the body when using this system, be careful with patients having heart disease. Using high pressure is not recommended for patients with peripheral occlusion disease.
See the User Manual for additional notes and precautions.
CAUTION: THIS IS A PRESCRIPTION-ONLY DEVICE. USA Federal law restricts this device to sale and use by, or on the order of, a licensed healthcare practitioner.